Friday, November 20, 2009

Guarding His Eyes


Yesterday a very bad commercial was on and my lil guy looked down. My heart rejoiced and tears welled up. I know this should not have even happened and I feel guilty. I tape the show as to ff through those nasty things and my hands were busy on the phone when he walked through the room. I am thankful the Lord went before him and the Spirit of the Living God worked through my lil guy and he yielded.

There is so much out there to protect our children from. While I am not as I would like to be, I am not as I used to be.

Being the mom of onlies has different challenges
than that of moms with many children. I think too often I feel like I don't have as much value as a mom, but I know it is not true. I am raising a generation of sons that love the Lord with all their hearts, that love their wives as Christ loved the church, fathers that don't provoke their children to wrath, future men who will be men of honor and grit, who do good all the days of their lives. So if the Lord sees fit, that these are my onlies to Him be the glory.

No comments: