Monday, August 27, 2018

Becoming an Empty Nester

I think it is beginning to feel like it is happening already and there not even out of the house. Go figure.  I know I am being so emo right now.  My lil guy is now 15 goes to karate 4 times a week and once a month on Sat. So I am still driving him around.  He goes to Youth, and does a health class with some friends and if that isn't enough soon I will be teaching at our new local Co-op.

When my oldest went to college then law school it felt like I was going to die inside from missing him so much.  Even though I was busy homeschooling my youngest, being on two homeschool boards, and helping hubs in our family biz. He was an only child for 13 yrs before we were blessed with his brother.  My heart is so wrapped up in him.  Now with my youngest, he is busy with thoughts of becoming a Marine. So he watches lots of videos after school work and chores.  He loves history so he watches that too. So even though we are busy doing stuff and getting out, my heart is still overwhelmed with empty nester thoughts. Believe me I am not trying to make trouble for myself, it is just part of life right now.  Has anyone else ever felt like that?

Bottom line I have to live intentionally right now and be thankful I have these two beautiful blessings with me.  If my mom could hear me from heaven I hope she knows how sorry I am for leaving the state with her first grandson, and for not letting her babysit #2 (not because I didn't love or trust her, in case you are wondering).  I just have been madly in love and passionate for my kids.
On there way to volunteer at the local Habitat Restore.

No comments: