Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Passover/Easter Miracle


1 Peter 3:1-2 says: In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives, as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior. NAS

So the truth of the matter and the test of my life has been to be quiet. I fight back! You hurt me and I defend myself. That is just how I was brought up and how I live. This is not a godly way to live and after all these years of praying for my husband, my heart was ready to give up "the defensive self." I chose to be loving instead of stand offish. Without expecting anything in return from the man, the Holy man put something on the inside my husband and he asked me if he would like it if he went to church with me? Shock and awe is all I can say.

The grief of my loosing my friend in '09, and my dad in '10 had overtaken my life with a sadness I never knew could be that overwhelming. I had just been floating through the daily routine of life waiting for it to be over. I didn't know now would be the time but here it is.

Bible reading with Joseph about Purim, Passover, and the watching the Passion of Christ with Eddie & Joe was like a weight was lifted. Something do deep I couldn't find, but the Lord knew where it was! He gave me beauty for ashes, just like He said he would. He is forever faithful to me.

So I will not be unequally yoked for much longer. Ed did go to church with us. My Pastor was great. He has been a friend to Eddie and never beat him with the bible. He spoke of the Passover and traditions I have been trying to learn. All I can say was the term shock and awe is an understatement!

I asked Ed if he like Pastor Ralph's preaching, he said yes. You know I was praying the night before and all through service. Oh yeah, my lil guy gets on his knees and starts bowing in worship and all I could think is Lord let this not be held against you and Ed thinks we are kooky, or never lets me go back, but the subject never came up. YHWY needs NO defending!

Thank you all for you prayers.

1 comment:

KasaYeshua said...

What you shared was so encouraging & am thankful you shared it!
Thank you!

Kathy A.