Monday, October 25, 2010

Just Because God Doesn't Do Things as Fast as We want doesn't mean He has said No.


God has his own time line. He knows the end from the beginning.

We are praying for lots of stuff with my dad's recovery. Two weeks ago we were told to put him in Hospice by 2 docs, then later that week his primary said to wait and give him more time. We did.

Saturday morning my dad ate some eggs, when I got there, I fed him a bite of mashed potatoes, and a bite of lemon ice. So I will not put my time expectations on God.

Yes this is hard, yes I hate driving to the hospital, yes I am stressed by my own burdens, but I have a father in heaven who loves me and cares about every detail in my life and He has shown that to me in more ways than I deserve. Every testimony has a test, I don't want to fail. In my weakness He is girding me with His strength and love.

I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.

The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.
Psalm 121

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9sc3bCdi4 The Museum's My Help Comes From the Lord

No comments: